Monday, August 15, 2016

Send Me Jokes

Hello, friends. I'm writing to you from my office at church. My head itches, despite my best efforts to the contrary. I'm tired. My back hurts. I had a lot on my plate at work today, but I accomplished almost none of it; the majority of my day was spent ridding my house, my hair, and my daughter's hair of lice.

To sum it up: I've had better days.

But my dog is curled up beside me. My daughter is at home, about to go to bed. I know that I will wake up tomorrow refreshed and ready for a new day.

Lice is a pain. But there are worse things.

I am reminded of a particular cross country practice during high school. We were out of breath, sweating profusely, complaining at every turn about the heat and the workout, when suddenly my friend Anna says, "What are you talking about? I feel quite cold. I think I need a parka."

It turns out, we didn't need a break; we didn't need to slow down or find some air conditioning. What we needed was a laugh and a better attitude. I think that's what I need today, too.

Anyone got any good jokes? ;)

4 comments:

  1. A teacher asked her students to use the word "beans" in a sentence. "My father grows beans," said one girl. "My mother cooks beans," said a boy. A third student spoke up, "We are all human beans."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Q: Can a kangaroo jump higher than the Empire State Building?
    A: Of course. The Empire State Building can't jump.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A man got hit in the head with a can of Coke, but he was alright because it was a soft drink.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Q: Why did Adele cross the road?
    A: To sing, "Hello from the other side!"

    ReplyDelete

The In-Between

Hello, friends, and welcome back to Iowa Girl Meets World! In this episode, Iowa Girl sits in a borrowed chair in her bedroom and contemplat...