Thursday, January 7, 2021

Fiction Prompts #3: Through It All

Hello, friends! Tanner's prompt for today is Through It All.


"Can we just fast-forward a few years?" Andi asked. "Maybe by then, this will have all worked out."


Daisy tossed a pillow at her. Andi didn't get her hands up in time to catch it; it hit her square in the face. "Hey!" she protested. "I'm having a crisis here, why are you throwing things at me?"


"Nothing else has worked," her friend told her frankly. "I thought maybe that would snap you out of it."


"'Snap me out of it'?" Andi sat up and glared at her friend. "I don't need to be 'snapped out of it.' I need a job!"


"I know, honey." Daisy shrugged. "And I know how hard this is. But you need to move forward somehow, and sitting here wanting to make it all go away is not actually going to make it all go away."


"Wouldn't that be great, though?" Andi managed to duck the pillow this time. "Okay, okay, fine. Tell me, O wise woman. What will make this all go away?"


"Nothing." Daisy snagged one of the pillows back and put it behind her head. "Other than time, maybe, but we can't sit around and wait for it. So you don't have a call yet? Find something else - not even necessarily a job, just something - that you find fulfilling in the meantime. You can't just sit here in my apartment, as much fun as that is. And I know you. You need something to do if you want to feel better."


Andi didn't say anything for a moment as she considered this. Finally she said, "It's almost illegal for you to know me this well."


"Through thick and thin, Andi," Daisy replied. "Now let's brainstorm."

No comments:

Post a Comment

The In-Between

Hello, friends, and welcome back to Iowa Girl Meets World! In this episode, Iowa Girl sits in a borrowed chair in her bedroom and contemplat...