Thursday, May 19, 2016

Ups and Downs and Lessons to Learn

Hello, friends! The past couple of weeks have been full of ups and downs. Here's a list for you (starting with the downs, so we end on a high note).

Downs:
Cleaning the vomit off of the living room carpet (18 hours later when I discovered it)
Fighting with my foster daughter about showering
The dog across the street whose owners have never heard of the word "leash"
Feeling like a one-man band at church
General, extreme exhaustion this weekend

Ups:
My foster daughter doing well at the doctor's office
Practicing with the new church softball team
My homemade meatballs getting a thumbs up from my foster daughter
Discovering a new favorite show, "Leverage" (check it out)
Hearing my nephew giggle over the phone

As I wrote this list, I divided my life into two basic categories: one involving my foster daughter, and one not. It was harder to come up with things that didn't involve her than I expected. I'm learning that everything I do affects her, even if I don't think it does or should. Everything I do involves her, even if I don't think it does or should. I talk a lot about what she needs to work on, but I have so much to work on as well to be the best parent I can be.

Well, time to go. Someone needs help setting up the Wii. I'll give you a hint... it's not Kensi. This is Iowa Girl Meets World, signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The In-Between

Hello, friends, and welcome back to Iowa Girl Meets World! In this episode, Iowa Girl sits in a borrowed chair in her bedroom and contemplat...