Saturday, July 23, 2016

Father's Day

Hello, friends! I hope you are all doing well this fine (very warm) Sunday. Since it's Father's Day, I thought it would be appropriate to give you a list of things I've learned from my dad. Some of these might surprise him, because they're not quotes, they're attitudes he modeled for me over the years. I hope you enjoy!

-I can't be anything I want to be, and that's okay. I am who I am and I should celebrate that.

-Along with that, I should value the gifts of others.

-I should be kind and courteous to everyone, regardless of my feelings about them.

-If I make a commitment, I should stick to it.

-Winning is exciting, but if I'm not having fun and being a good sport, it's not worth it.

-There are all kinds of problems that I can't fix, and it's not useful to dwell on that fact. Instead, I should focus on what I can change.

-Family and friends are important, and I should make an effort to keep those relationships strong.

-Laughter is fantastic medicine.

-One of the best things you can possibly do is to have fun while serving others.

-God loves me very, very much, and that is the most important lesson of all.

Those ten things are only the tip of the iceberg, and I'm sure my brother would agree. We have learned so much from this wonderful man. Thanks, Dad, and Happy Father's Day!

(Side note: it's also my nephew's first birthday. Happy birthday, Kylen!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

The In-Between

Hello, friends, and welcome back to Iowa Girl Meets World! In this episode, Iowa Girl sits in a borrowed chair in her bedroom and contemplat...