Saturday, July 2, 2016

Conversations (Thanks, Mom)

Hello, friends! For your reading pleasure, I present to you some conversations I've had with my foster daughter today. I'm convinced that I am becoming my mother, and that is a very good thing.

(I find a chair suspiciously close to a high cupboard)
"Did you take anything from the cupboard?"
"No."
"Are you sure?"
"I'm sure."
"If I check the cupboard, I won't find anything missing?"
"No."
(I check the cupboard; shockingly enough, something is missing)

(My daughter is picking up the living room)
"That's as good as I'm going to get it."
"Really?"
"Yes."
(I look around at the paper plates and cups, books, DVDs, food, art projects, and trash on various surfaces all around the room)
"I disagree. Keep going."

(My daughter is filling up the bathtub)
"Mom, for some strange reason, the water is blue!"
"Really?"
"Yes, come look! I was filling it up and I looked and it was blue!"
(I check the water; it looks exactly the same as normal)
"Don't worry, I think it's fine."

Thanks, Mom, for teaching me how to be a mom in these and so many other scenarios. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment

The In-Between

Hello, friends, and welcome back to Iowa Girl Meets World! In this episode, Iowa Girl sits in a borrowed chair in her bedroom and contemplat...